Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween and Welcome November!!

I have to say, this year Halloween has been SO exciting for me! I not only was excited about my kids costumes (and the fact that I spent $1.99 for costumes this year!!!), but because it means the end of October! This has been one tough month and I was ready to be over with it! I am beginning to believe a certain loved one's superstitions about Halloween! Our neighbors lost their teenage special needs daughter that morning to complications from cerebral palsy and pneumonia! UGH! I am DONE with October! Bring on November!!!

So this week has been interesting. We had spirit week at school so I was able to wear crazy clothes one day and pajamas the next. I LOVED it! It was a lot of fun! I welcomed November in a day early with a turkey hat! The kids at school (and my own kids for that matter) got a big kick out of it. Then it was time to dash to get the kids and get them ready for Halloween. This was actually the third time Emmitt had been dressed in full regalia. We did a "Trunk-or-Treat" at a local church on Sunday evening and at the usual nursing home event for Parents As Teachers on Wednesday. So Emmitt was totally used to his costume at that point. So much so that he protested putting it on and was only convinced to do so if he was A) holding the little people bus and B) if Grandmom kept the candy corn coming into his mouth! He really got into it when we walked the steps up to Grandmom's house like real trick-or-treaters. After that it was just a matter of how long I could keep his hat on! Jesstine was great! She is used to this Halloween thing already and was ready to move from one place to the next after a deposit of candy had been made to her pink pumpkin bucket! Together, Stephen and I created a trunk for the Trunk-or-Treat at our church. So it was a whirlwind of an evening! Here are the pictures:


Evolution of a Hutchins Clown. My son became the first "Emmitt The Clown" of the family!

Our first Trunk-or-treat on Sunday night.

This one was cute because he doesn't look too thrilled AND he had to have his car with him! (See his left hand.)

Closer look at my silly clown!


Our first attempts at a mirror shot.

The bus that caused so many tears!

Second attempt at the mirror picture.


Standing in line waiting our turn at Trunk-or-Treat. She said, "Hey Mom! I found a good place to put my sword so I don't have to carry it." She sure did! Ye did good matey!

Daddy's trunk (with Mommy's help).

The front of the program to go with Daddy's trunk.

The inside of the program.

The back of the program.

Pictures by the lovely Danita Loney!

Grandpa and Grandma's house.

We ended the night with chicken nuggets and cheeseburgers with one piece of candy for dessert! Another October down in history. Good riddance October and welcome November!!!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment