Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Catch Up (Complete With Picture Overload!)

Wow it has been a while! I have been finding joy in just spending time with my kids. In the process I have neglected the blog on which I document what they do! So, here is a MASSIVE picture catch up post including the return of Mangle the elf on the shelf.


Might as well start with the cow.
This was a presenter that came to the school where I work. She had a cow and demonstrated how they milk a cow, both by hand and by machine. She went over the whole process of how you get milk in the store! It was really neat. The cow was named Minnie! She was about 7 years old which I guess is like 49 in cow years.

We had a sermon series in November and got to wear these cool glasses several times!

We took a break from Dance for October and November and Jesstine took swimming lessons. She was really progressing well. I was excited on this day because they switched her to a different instructor who happened to be the one she had for baby swim lessons! It was only for one lesson. Jesstine has a fear of the deep end, so it was decided that she would stay with the instructor she was with before. I was disappointed because this was the first instructor that got her to stay on her back without assistance for about 30 seconds! We are taking the month of December off and will re-visit what to do starting in January.

Jesstine's school sang the national anthem at a Thunder Hockey game last month. The following weekend, the choral group I am a part of sang and Stephen joined me!

My neices were here for Emmitt's birthday party. My mom took the girls out for a fun afternoon while my sister and I got manicures/pedicures!


Jesstine had snack week at school during the week before Thanksgiving. These were a few of the snacks I sent with her.

We got stir crazy during Thanksgiving week. We were all off of work/school. Emmitt was finishing up with hand foot and mouth disease and Jesstine had caught it that week too. They both also had some viral crud and ended up on antibiotic for ear infections. Needless to say, we ended up going stir crazy. While Daddy was getting oil changed in the car, we walked around the sporting goods store. Emmitt walked away with a new pair of shoes! This kid has BIG feet! He has gone through more shoes than I can count because his feet keep growing!

Jesstine's school picture
Jesstine is doing FANTASTIC in school and was even selected for student of the month for her class. It says it is for November, but it is really for December. The photo with the note from her teacher beside it is what appeared in the school newsletter! So proud of our girl!

We were watching a new TV show recently and this popped up! Oddly enough, Stephen's cousin's daughter (also his cousin) is named Hannah Hutchins. THIS IS NOT HER! But it was an interesting discovery for us!

And 2013's update on Mangle, our elf on the shelf.

 Morning1.

Morning 2.

Morning 3.

Morning 4.

Morning 5.

Morning 6.

Morning7 he hung out in the Christmas tree that we finally put up. Morning 8 he hung off of the edge of the TV.

Morning 9.




Morning 10.

Other holiday things going on at our house:
I sang with the Choral Society again this year. We sing about 90% of the Messiah each year. This was the 62nd year. Unfortunately, some bad weather hit the night before and none of the people whom I purchased tickets for were able to come. I think this was the best I have heard our group sing as well as the soloists, two of which were actually members of the chorus!!

This year, we are doing an advent activity called a "Jesse Tree." The idea is that you follow the story in the Bible from creation to Christ's birth. We open a package each night and there is a new ornament as a symbol of the story that we read. It is a Jesse Tree because Jesus comes from the line of Jesse, David's father. Jesstine is really into it. Emmitt loves the opening the gift part and seeing what is next, but other than that could care less. I think it will help us to balance the secular ideas of Christmas with the Christ centered ideas of Christmas.

Also, taking a HUGE hint from Mangle that we hadn't decorated enough yet, we FINALLY "trimmed the tree." (Jesstine has recently started to get into Amelia Bedilia books and she discovered what it meant to "trim the steak" and "dress the turkey.) So here it is:


I think we are FINALLY caught up! That is until we have Jesstine's program next week! Then there is Christmas! I am not making any promises as to when I will blog again. I WANT to, but even this one took several hours (it wouldn't even usually take that long with all of the pictures). There were a couple of little ones demanding my attention and dinner had to be made. Until next time!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment