Sunday, December 2, 2012

Santa Letters and Trimmings

Well, 'tis the season. We have been hard at work getting ready for Christmas. We are doing some new things this year to capitalize on the fact that Jesstine is old enough to buy into some of it! She is also learning to write her letters, so she wrote her own letter to Santa this year.


Including pictures of the items she requested.

Our good friend, Johnna (or Johnner as Jesstine calls her), found a cute Disney Princess tree at a garage sale for $5, so I bought some extra ornaments for Jesstine to use it as her advent tree this year. She LOVES it!
(Sorry for the poor quality picture. Was taken with my phone.)

Stephen was on a business trip all week last week, so Jesstine helped me with the Christmas tree. This year I was able to get the pre-lit larger tree that I had been asking for for a few years. I LOVE it! It is exactly what I was looking for!


Stockings are hung by the chimney with care.

When Stephen returned, he helped us to put the finishing touch on the tree...the star!








The tree was not the only thing being trimmed around here! Stephen was taking part in mo shave November for prostate cancer awareness. Let's just say, I was not sad to see December 1 get here!

Before:



 
After:
 
In Him,
The (less hairy) Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment