Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happy and Sad

I was going to post a wonderfully happy post about how much my kids love to swim! I will still do that, but unfortunately I didn't get it posted before we all turned sad again.

We went to the Y yesterday and took the kids swimming. It was the first time in quite a while. They LOVED it! Both kids are like little fish! We couldn't get Jesstine to swim like she was this summer until the very end, but she still had a blast! Perhaps even more fun was Emmitt! He was SO excited. At first he clung to us and just took everything in. I wondered if he was overwhelmed or even scared. Looking back, I think he was just excited! The sounds were exciting. The smell was different. There were a lot of people. Not to mention the giant bathtub that he could play in! He was in HEAVEN! I was telling Stephen that I needed to do a "Mommy and Me" swim class with him because I think he would enjoy it. Didn't need to! Did what I could remember doing with Jesstine at his age and he LOVED every bit of it! His favorite was sitting on the wall and playing "Humpty Dumpty." For those of you who don't know, you sit a child on the edge of the pool and do the first part of the nursery rhyme. When you get to the word "fall" you pull them into the pool (or they fall on their own if they are used to it and older). Depending upon how well they like the water you fully submerge them or just up to their lips. He wanted to go all the way under! When we would finish, he kept saying, "Dunty DUNTY!!!" This meant he wanted to go again! SO much fun! He won't blow bubbles yet, but he will put his face in and come up smiling!

On a sad note, we woke up this morning to a sick little boy! Sometime early this morning he got sick in his bed and then fell back asleep in it! Poor kid! He didn't even wake us up! So he and Mommy stayed home this morning. He is obviously not feeling the best still! I don't know what to do for my poor family! Especially EMMITT! We keep getting sick. This is the second time he has been throw up sick in a month! I am starting to wonder if he is allergic to the antibiotic he was on BOTH times he was sick....In any case, another vacation day tomorrow a) trying to get him better and b) hoping the rest of us don't catch it!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment