Monday, February 3, 2014

Greetings from the Savages

We had a busy week last week, but we sure missed Stephen! He was in California for work all week long! There was a LOT going on, but I managed to hold down the fort. We started the week with returning Jesstine's 100 poster for the 100th day of school (which wasn't until Thursday). Then we had Mom's Carelink (kind of like MOPs).That night was also the SW Area Choir concert in which three of my students participated. On Wednesday Jesstine dressed as a Native American for Kansas day and because we had a costume for Emmitt, he did too! On Thursday Jesstine celebrated 100 days of school by taking 10 bags with 10 goldfish in each bag as part of a snack for everyone. I also worked. On Friday, I worked in the morning and then Stephen came home. Sometime in there, I put together a bookshelf for Jesstine's room and rearranged toys/books in the kids' rooms and the living room! I told you it was busy! We made time for the fun stuff too though!

Introducing, Princess Cuddles With Dumpty and Prince Sucks on NUK, otherwise known as my savages.

Jesstine's class (with Sucks on NUK as an honorary member).

They got to go inside this tepee too!

Jesstine's 100 poster with 100 google eyes. I may have helped a little bit. She had to add her newest "My Little Pony" (her latest thing to collect) to the corner. The BLS stands for Bethel Life School.

SORT of a before picture. She no longer had the stuffed animals and Elmo chair. Plus the pictures/wall hangings you see below have been in her room even while the short bookcase was there.


After.
She added this sign to her door not long ago. See if you can read what it says! (Hint: No Babies or Toddlers Allowed!) I am not sure about the bottom part!

I don't have before pictures of his closet because it doesn't look TERRIBLY different, just reorganized. I essentially was able to take most of the toys from the living room and put them in his room! I used the bin that was holding his books to put a small amount of toys in the living room concealed behind the couch! I also went to a Thirty-one party and got a tote to put all of his loose cars/toys in.

Before


After

Glow baths have become a tradition while Daddy is away! This time I still had some glow sticks left over from the last time Daddy was on business! I didn't get to use them due to a visit to the ER! All I did was get some glow sticks from Walmart. I activated them and threw them into the bath water with the kiddos. I didn't pour the glow stuff out. I just put the whole glow stick in the water. Then I turned out the lights! Emmitt was a bit concerned at first, but he started to enjoy it!

Saturday, Jesstine had a party that she was invited to. It was at a place called "Funtastics." It was a gymnastics place, but there were plenty of other fun things as well!

Her favorite part was the big slide which was NO surprise! The Birthday boy is the boy in red with the hat on his face.

Sunday morning the kids slept in until 8:30!!! We were excited, but it did make us rushed to get to church especially since there was still a little ice on the ground from Friday night! Never fear! Our church services changed times a few months back. So we didn't have to be there until 10...but Stephen had to lead singing! In any case, this little guy gave me some rare cuddles! He is a cuddler, but typically not in the mornings! He is usually awake and wanting breakfast as soon as possible!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment