Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week in Review

It was a great week last week. We had a lot of family time, got to see Daddy play hockey and even got to go outside (yesterday).

The Friday before Valentine's, Jesstine got to have Daddy take her to school and enjoy Donuts with Dad.

Fast forward to the Wednesday before Valentine's Day. Stephen had a hockey game. It was the early game so I thought I would bathe the kids and put them in the pj's before dinner so we could go see him play for a few minutes after dinner. It was a lot of fun!

He is the one in white wearing number 6.

(White helmet, third from the end.)

The kids mostly just ran around.

Just before we left, the boys gave a fist bump. I caught it on video too!


I have been struggling with a way to get my fifth grade students motivated. I want them to enjoy music, not look at it as a chore to do a couple of times each week. So, I brought legos. They had to construct a major scale. It went OK, but not great. Back to the drawing board.

Friday was also Valentines day! We decided to spend the evening together as a family. We ate dinner at a local place we hadn't been to in quite a while. We all enjoyed it, EVEN the kids! The next day Stephen and I attended a "progressive dinner" through church. Basically several houses hosted the appetizer and others hosted the main course. We were assigned to one house for the appetizer and one for the main course. Then we ended up back at the church for dessert. It was fun!

My valentine from Jesstine.

Jesstine used some money from Grandma Griffee to buy a new My Little Pony. The kids were in bed when we got home and as I went to turn the light out, I found this! LOL! Silly girl!

Yesterday, Stephen was off work and Jesstine didn't have school due to President's day. So we all were lazy around the house. I went out for a workout and when I came back, it was so nice out, I suggested we all go out to play!
At one point Jesstine's ball rolled into a puddle in the street. It had a little sand on it. When she picked it up, she threw it immediately and said, "Mommy, I need a new ball! This one has sand all over it!" She plays ball like a princess! LOL!


He's no trick shot Titus, but he sure had fun!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment