Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

I have been doing a month of thankfulness on Facebook. I have posted a status each day of something I am thankful for. Last night I asked Jesstine what she was thankful for. She came up with 15 things:

1. My baby brother.
2. My Dumpty.
3. My toys.
4. My Mommy.
5. My Daddy.
6. Me!
7. Kylie.
8. Connor and my other extended family
9. My books.
10. My bed.
11. My house.
12. My clothes.
13. My Food.
14. My TV.
15. My iPod.

Years ago, I was a member of a social club in High School. I was in charge of the decorations at Thanksgiving that we were going to assemble as a group and take to the local care home to hang on the doors for the residents. I took to pencil and paper to draw out a prototype before actually assembling a turkey out of construction paper. My little brother loved that drawing so much, I gave it to him and it was on the ceiling in his room for a long time. Even when I got married and he moved to Wichita with my mom. That year I took the original to Kinkos and enlarged it for him! He really liked that turkey! One day in church, he brought me a piece of paper. I still have it in my wallet to this day. It was HIS drawing of that turkey! On the back it says, "To: Big Sis  From: Little Bro." It was a warm thought I had of him today on this Turkey day!

Happy Thanksgiving!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment