Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Few Things

Well, the cold bug has struck again. Poor Emmitt always gets to be the one to test viruses out before the rest of us. Stephen seems to have a touch of it too though. After Emmitt woke up twice in the night, I begged Stephen to stay home (I used my last sick day at work LAST Tuesday) so Grandmom wouldn't have to spend all day wiping the faucet that is Emmitt's runny nose. He agreed and perhaps was able to relax and feel a little better himself. So now, a few photos of some things that have been going on since I last posted.

Spring is here! And as I type this the wind is blowing and earlier today the temperature plummeted by about 15 degrees. It is supposed to get worse as the night goes on and there is a "wintry mix" headed our way for the morning! :-/ So here is a picture of my pretty tree in my front flower bed...before the wind blows all the pretty petals off. (Notice the Wichita State flag??? We are bummed about the game, but are proud to be Shockers!)

Aunt Jenni gave Jesstine a fairy garden for her birthday last summer. The plants have since died. It was looking kind of yucky on our counter, so we decided to save all of the non-living articles of the fairy garden and re-do it. I had some aquarium rocks that I had intended to use for Jesstine's fish (who is looking rather sickly...), so we used those. Now all it needs is a little sprinkle of fairy dust!

Last night was Lasagna night in our household. Emmitt was SO incredibly messy (our kids eat lasagna and speghetti nearly naked so as to keep their clothes from getting stained), he had to have his bath in the sink. He didn't seem to mind much!

And last but not least, Jesstine had her school pictures on Monday. I was on the phone with my friend Kelly who was gracious enough to remind me that it was picture day! So I grabbed the springiest thing I could find in her closet. Luckily her hair was still in a pony from the night before. I just redid the pony and slapped a headband on her and viola! I love the results! I haven't cared for the school pictures all too much! These, I like! It is just sad because she looks so grown up in them! 

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment