Friday, April 5, 2013

Week In Review

I have been remiss about posting lately, so here is a post about what has been happening this week! We are gearing up for a HUGE game this weekend for the Shockers!

First I want to start with how much I LOATHE shoe shopping for toddlers! I am SO over the high price you pay for shoes that your kid wears at MOST for 6 months! Luckily we are MOSTLY past that for Jesstine for now! She has been in the same size for almost a year and we were fortunate enough to come by a decent sale at the Nike outlet on our summer vacation last year, so she is set to start kindergarten next school year! Aside for the pricing, the selection is slim! Nearly all toddler shoes have velcro. I get the thinking! Velcro is MUCH easier to have when putting shoes on a squirmy toddler right? Well, the flip side to that is, they are also MUCH easier to get off! Again, we never had that issue with Jesstine. She just didn't touch them. That was how she was! Emmitt is a whole other ballgame! Throw in the fact that he has one foot bigger than the other and has a wide foot to boot, and you have the reason I LOATHE shoe shopping! After scouring nearly every shoe store on the west side of town, I finally decided I would just go with the classic Converse All Stars. Even those at most places are at least $30! I remembered that I was able to get some for Jesstine for around $20 a couple of years ago at Dillard's.
 (Note: Jesstine was only in a size 5 when I bought these for her at just over 18 months of age!)

So I decided to look there and sure enough, they were only $22!! I decided on black, brought them home and found some old sweatbands that I didn't use nearly enough with little wushocks attached. I pulled them off and sewed them to the shoes. Now he is the coolest kid in town! See for yourself!
These are a size 6. 7's were too big and he has a LITTLE wiggle room in the 6's.)


This week, Stephen started going to a little hockey clinic at the local ice rink. He hasn't played since we were first married. Here he is decked out in his hockey gear (minus the jersey, socks and skates of course).
LOVE this one!
Jesstine brought me a picture this week. She wrote: "For Mom From Jesstine" on the back. Can you read it?

She didn't ask for help! This was all on her own!

My younger sister and her family were in town for a few days this week. I wasn't feeling the greatest, so I stayed home on Tuesday and waited for my doctor's appointment. Ola and the kids joined us here at the house so the kids could all play! Logan is the youngest and he followed Emmitt around EVERYWHERE! They were two peas in a pod! Jesstine and Corbin hit it off as usual. Luke took a while to warm up to playing. He didn't like my house for some reason! 


Emmitt got some Cars socks in his basket this year from us the Easter Bunny. He was being a stinker the day these two pictures were taken. I had changed his diaper and tried to put his pants back on. He threw a fit because he couldn't see his socks anymore! So, he went around most of the morning like this: 
Later he had to try out the slippers we gave Noah when he was about 2 and they have been passed down back to us:
The kids also really enjoyed the toys from Grandmom this week! Jesstine hardly had any room to sleep in her bed she had it piled with buddies! Just a few were added by Grandmom over the last few months! 

We are looking forward to what HOPEFULLY is a Shockers WIN this weekend!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment