Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter and Before

Just some of the few things we have been up to since the last post.

I want to start off with one of my FAVORITE things that Emmitt does right now. It is something I NEVER want to forget and I hope he keeps doing it until he is too big to sit on my lap! Wishful thinking, I know! Emmitt LOVES books! Here's the scene: Emmitt picks a book (usually a "pillbook," one of the tiny board book sets we have with Cars, Toy Story, Mickey Mouse and Sesame Street characters). Then he toddles to me with book in hand and says, "Mamma!" flashing me a big grin. As I place him on my lap, he giggles with delight. He nestles in and lies his head back on my chest so my cheek can rest on it. Then, I read. At the end, he says, "EEEEEE Ehnnnn!" and goes to grab another book. This scene usually repeats a few times before his attention is drawn to a toy or whatever his sister is playing with at the time.

It usually looks something like this.
 One of his favorite books at Grandmom's. It is a barn book where you have to open the flaps to find the animal behind. He knows it by heart and says the sound for each animal and sometimes the name.

Earlier in the week we geared up for a BIG game! It is NCAA Men's Basketball tournament time! Stephen and I's alma mater, Wichita State University, had already made it to the sweet 16 by knocking off THE number one seed, Gonzaga. We were gearing up to hopefully watch them make their first Elite 8 berth since 1980. We even got the kids all ready!


Future Wichita State Baller in the making!
 We even purchased sweet 16 shirts despite the chance that it would jinx the team into loosing! (This was taken at the store where I purchased said shirts. Emmitt found something he REALLY liked! It is Mickey Mouse in a Dallas Cowboys jersey hugging a Dallas Cowboys throw blanket! Mommy didn't like the price though! :-/)

How did that turn out you might ask? Well how's this for an answer:

They EEKED out a win versus Ohio State after blowing a 20 point lead. They are now in the final four for the first time since 1965! We are of course hoping that they make it to the championship game. The next game is against Louisville who is the ONLY number 1 seed left in the tournament. Wichita State is a 9 seed. The other half of the bracket pits Syracuse against Michigan. It seems petty, but we are praying. Either way it goes, we are proud to be from Wichita State!

If I know my blog followers well enough, I know that you aren't here to see sweaty basketball players (or even pint sized wannabe basketball players). So on to what you are REALLY here for!

On Wednesday, Jesstine had an Easter party at school. One of the perks of attending a private Christian preschool is that she got to have an EASTER party and not a "spring" party! Here are a few pictures. I was able to go and help with the party thanks to my wonderful mother-in-love for watching my pint sized baller wannabe. :-)

The whole class showing off their Easter baskets!

There was an egg hunt.

This is Jackson. He is the grandson of the minister of the church I grew up attending from the age of 4 to 19. It is a fun story if you are ever interested!

The snack.

Jesstine, where did your strawberries go?!

The whole class (minus two that have already moved for one reason or another).


Jesstine and Emmitt had fun with a glow Easter egg hunt in our downstairs office/guest room. It is so simple and perfect! Simply put glow bracelets (found in the party section at Target or Walmart) in an Easter egg. Find a dark room (I had to put a blanket and towel over a window) and have fun!

We weren't sure how well Easter was going to turn out. The Saturday before Easter Sunday, Jesstine had been sick in her bed in the night. She spent the majority of the day on the couch and eating the brat diet. It was business as usual that night though and she seemed fine. She did have a slight fever for about half of the day. We are thinking it was either food poisoning or something to do with the drainage we have all been fighting for the last several days!

Easter morning the kids woke up to baskets full of goodies and an Easter egg hunt ensued at home.
 Emmitt went straight for the cars.

 Jesstine's basket, minus the princesses SHE went straight for.

So as to not forget what this holiday is TRULY about!

Traditionally we have had the kids hunt eggs in their pajamas. For time sake, Emmitt was already in his Easter best.

In hindsight, we probably should have picked up the pool toys that had been left since the last time the baby pool was out...at the end of summer! After he saw those, the eggs lost all their appeal!

Despite recording every egg's color and how many, we still managed to lose one...somewhere. Time to mow the grass perhaps? Well, that will have to wait because it snowed/sleeted/rained today! :-(

Overall it was a success and Emmitt cried because he didn't want to go inside!

Two beautiful blessings!

SOMETIMES they love each other!


They were so beautiful! I couldn't stop looking at them or taking pictures!

Traditional yearly picture of Jesstine and Kara, our babysitter and great friend, at church! (Also credit for the next several photos goes to Kara! I took Emmitt to the nursery where he had goodies waiting for him there as well!)


After a trip to both grandmothers' houses, baskets from the Easter bunny, and egg hunts at home and church, my table looked a little like the Easter bunny had thrown up all over it! :-P

One final picture. You may have noticed (if you are a follower of my blog) that the little boys in orange and white stripes/orange plaid were my nephews. My sister is visiting from North Carolina with her husband and children. It has been great to see them again! The littlest is not in the pictures, but is cute as can be! She has put her sewing machine to work and created a wonderful treasure for Emmitt with her talent! I have a taggie blanket for Emmitt that my mom gave him. He is attatched to it! I thought rather than having to take it back and forth to Grandmom's each week and risk forgetting it or losing it, I would commission Ola to make me one in a smaller size that would stay permanently at Grandmom's. When Emmitt was born, Jesstine brought a soccer ball up to him at the hospital when she met him for the first time. It is a taggie soccer ball and it was one of his favorite car seat toys. It wasn't being used very much, so I had my sister attach it to a small taggie blanket and VIOLA!

She knows him well! She even included some Disney Pixar's Cars fabric and some Cars ribbon! She attached it to the ball and he hugs the ball while stroking the tags on the ball and the blanket! JUST what I was hoping for! Thank you Aunt Ola!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment