Sunday, September 22, 2013

Language Explosion

Jesstine was a talker very early on. She amazed us with what she could say before she was 18 months old. We didn't know a child could know so much! We thought for sure Emmitt would be the opposite because he is the second kid AND he is a boy. Um, we were wrong! He had twice as many words in his vocabulary by 18 months. It has really increased lately. He isn't quite two and this is a conversation I just had with him a few minutes ago.

Emmitt: (Crawls up on to my lap) Mommy, bwehfast! (Breakfast)
Me:  Sorry buddy. It is almost time for dinner.
Emmitt: Ow bout Bee Bar (How about cereal bar)?
Me (trying not to giggle): No. I will give you some yogurt melts to snack on before dinner. Does that sound good?
Emmitt: YEAH!! Ow bout wink? (How about drink?)

At this point I had to get up and share with Stephen, post it on Facebook and then call Grandmom! Something I didn't want to forget!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment