Friday, July 20, 2012

Operation "Contain Emmitt" Update.

So far this has worked really well! He has only tried to venture into the kitchen through the small entry a couple of times, so I really haven't had to use that gate as much. When I did, I decided to put it up against the entertainment stand instead of the doorway. He keeps trying to get back behind and reach all the cables and such! It isn't as stable there, but it worked pretty well!

 We came up with a system not a moment too soon! He is SO close to actual crawling. He just has to put all the pieces together and make it work! For now it's baby push ups next to the container barrier.
 A little bit of knee action here!
And just a silly baby!

I have refrained from using bubbles in bathwater for Jesstine for a while because she started to have problems as a result. So, I hadn't even thought to try it for Emmitt. I did the other day. Here it is:
"Hmmm...What's this?"
"This looks like FUN, Mommy!"
 "Wow! I can pick them up?!"
 "Hey, where'd they go?"
 "There's something under there..."
"Yuck! They don't taste very good!"

Oh, and he likes to help me get Jesstine ready for swimming lessons. He was offering to "carry" her bag for her dry clothing. I think he has the wrong idea though....
(Brings a whole new meaning to the term "fannypack!")

Oh, and finally something I heard from my almost four year-old today (which is Kylie's birthday by the way). She said, "Mommy, when I grow up and get married. I will name my baby Adolynn (she emphasized the "oh" sound)." Interesting. Don't know where she picked that up. Last I heard, she liked the name "Emily." I hope that is a LONG time from now!

Until next time!!!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family





No comments:

Post a Comment