Friday, May 3, 2013

Fire Trucks and Chick-fil-a

We are winding down for summer! It seems odd to mention summer when it snowed yesterday...May 2!!!! In any case, things always get busy this time of year, but the payoff is summer break! I am looking forward to it! Emmitt is older this year and LOVES being outside and LOVES being in the water! So, hopefully we can keep ourselves busy!

Yesterday in the sleet and snow, the kids and I trekked to my beautician's house. I was in DESPERATE need of a hair cut and Jesstine has been begging for one too (her last one was back in September right before school started). I got my usual style cut and added a little highlights this time just for kicks and grins. Jesstine went a little drastic. She wanted her hair cut short like mine, but I convinced her that shoulder length would be better! It is cute! her hair was SO long, but it will grow back out! Grandmom thinks she is beautiful, but preferred her long hair!

(Her hair a few days ago.)
Her hair as of yesterday!



Today, Jesstine had her Fire Safety field trip! The way her field trips work is we pay a fee at the beginning of the year and they bring people in to the school and have in school field trips! They can be anything from people from the zoo or wildlife park or like today, firefighters! Her school has a rule that parents are ALWAYS welcome at field trips and class parties, but siblings are not allowed to come. I feel like I have asked a lot of my mother-in-love lately, especially with her watching TWO kids for 8-10 hours a week! So, even though she offered to take Emmitt so I could go to the parent part of the field trip, I chose to keep Emmitt and stay out of that part. Then when it came time to look at the firetrucks, I parked as close as I could and took pictures while Emmitt watched a movie in the car. I checked on him periodically and I had a visual on the van the entire time. It worked out better than I had thought it would! I managed to get some good pictures. I went ahead and took her with me afterwards even though school wasn't out for another 30 minutes or so. On our way out, we noticed the ladder truck was still there. So I THOUGHT we would get a picture. The kids weren't as happy with that! We got one, but Emmitt is visibly not pleased (I think it was too loud for him).

First a few of my favs:

Jesstine and Jackson.


Watching the ladder go up to the sky!


(Her back is to us; she is in the gray and pink coat.) Talking to friends while waiting for her turn to sit in the fire engine.

Back with her buddy from the last blog post. They were COLD! Poor girls!

Almost there!

She didn't want to pose for me. The handle was a bit rough (she said it hurt) and it was a bit high. We still managed to get an awesome picture though!

Learning about the gauges and hook ups on the ladder truck.

Emmitt, much like his sister at this age, preferred them from a distance! They were too loud up close!

I went ahead and took Jesstine with me after the firetruck looksee mostly because she was ready to come. We headed to Sam's and to get movie tickets (Mommy and Daddy get to go see Ironman 3!!). Then it was off to lunch at Chickplay Chickfila. The kids ate REALLY well! They each got a cow hat and got to play in the play area! I thought for sure they would take GREAT naps, but no such luck! Emmitt discovered ketchup and I am not so sure it likes him too much! Nothing bad, just foul smelling! :-P
I looked over to find these two little boys playing happily! I thought the one with the paci looked familiar. Sure enough! His name is Ezra. I follow his mommy's blog and her husband and I attended the same small college together my sophomore year of college! Small world!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment