Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fifths Disease

Yup. My kids have it. It isn't as bad as it sounds though. At least not for the most part. I am only posting about it because I like to use this blog to reference later. Don't worry, this post won't be solely showing pictures of my poor baby's rash. So on with the pictures!

It started on his tummy.

And his legs.

I got concerned that perhaps it was a reaction to the Amoxicillin he was on when I noticed it on his arms and palms of his hands. After Jesstine showed up with it (albeit not so bad), we decided it must be fifths disease.

Poor boy really didn't look like he felt well this day. 

With fifths disease, there is no telling how kids will react. Some get hardly any rash and no fever. Some get fever, terrible rash and body aches. I think E has it pretty bad. He has been pretty fussy. Strange thing about it though, it is only contagious for the 24 hours before the rash shows up. So, you don't know you have it when you spread it!

In other news, we got to try out some of the "hand me overs" that Aunt Jenni gave us! Doesn't he look dope in this hat?

And this shirt for church today!

He tried beans for the first time (baked beans) and LOVED them! Must be like his Papa!

So what has J been up to? Well, her usual self other than her rash. She had a short fever. Tonight before bed, she smashed her toe pretty badly. We may have a lost toenail. To make her feel better I gave her an Elmo boo boo buddy (ice pack). She decided she needed it in bed, so I rigged this up so it wouldn't get lost in her bed. Looks pretty funny!

Here's to hoping things get better for us around here!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about the fifths ds. I use to get that all the time as a kid. :( I saw you said something on my blog about the Charlie Brown costume. I did it last minute, but took a yellow onesie and ironed on the brown zigzag, threw on some navy shorts and his church shoes and called it a day. HA! This year I am hoping to be a tad more intentional. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished E's Charlie Brown shirt. Found a white polo on clearence at The Children's Place and some fabric dye at walmart. Painted the black zig zag on with some fabric paint left from J's hello kitty b-day shirt an bam! It is already done! Now we just wait and see what the weather does. I have black pants and black shorts! Easy costume and pretty cheap! J's was the same way!

      Delete