Sunday, June 11, 2017

Camp Aunt Lacie 2017 version 1.0 Day 1

It is that time of year again! The time of year where I get the privilege of spending a week with my nieces! I call it Camp Aunt Lacie! This is version 1.0 because their brother gets to spend a week with me later this summer! :-) I am going to try to post these pictures throughout the week so as to not go into picture overload on this post!:-)

I picked the girls up from Oklahoma on Saturday afternoon. While Jesstine and I were on the road, Emmitt had a birthday party to attend at church!

 My oldest niece is getting "too old" for some activities, so I put her in charge of coming up with things she would want to do! Our first stop once we made it back to town was to buy "craft" stuff! I got a great idea from my friend Lisa to do Sharpie Tie-dye shirts! So with a little fabric paint, printer, and freezer paper (template!), we made Camp Aunt Lacie shirts and Camp Cousins Shirts! They had a little fun with the emoji pillows in the store as well!


He was the only boy at the party! :-) 

I call this Smile! This week is going to be magical, Dawg!

Step 1: Print out words.
Step 2: Trace words onto Freezer Paper.
Step 3: Cut words out of Freezer paper using an the knife of exact zero making a stencil.
Step 4: Iron stencil onto t-shirt using the hottest setting without water in the iron.
Step 5: Paint! Then let dry overnight.
Step 6: Draw desired design on t-shirt. It works best to stay away from "pictures" of things as it will only bleed and run together. We drew spirals to get a tie dye effect. 
Step : Use a dropper with rubbing alcohol. Less is more. For the tie dye look we followed our spiral and dropped at even intervals.

Day 1 is in the books!!

In Him,
The Hutchins (and Evans) Family

No comments:

Post a Comment