Thursday, June 15, 2017

Camp Aunt Lacie-Day 4 and 5

The events of the first three days really tuckered us out! That night Charis and Lexi were going between laughing hysterically to crying uncontrollably! We all decided that Day 4 needed to be a day of rest. Despite the day of rest, I am just now posting days 2-5! I have really enjoyed spending time with my nieces, but I am greatly looking forward to another day of rest tomorrow!

We didn't stay home ALL day on day 4! We had a swimming playdate with a friend! Such a fun swimming buddy! He informed me that "Fountains go up and waterfalls go down. That is not a fountain, it is a waterfall!" LOL! I told him that the animal under the whale on his shirt was called a Narwhal! Everyone got an education! We must have been a school of fish! :-)

On day 5 we had a water play day! Lexi and I came up with a TON of water games. Being that water was involved, I didn't get many photos of the actual games. It is all okay though. They MUCH preferred the water free for all anyhow!

Post water shenanigans. We were joined by Emmitt's best buddy from school! His mommy recently had her tonsils out. She was needing something for him to do so she could rest and heal. It is hard with a 1 year-old and 5 year-old!! I had mine out when I was 21 and it was STILL tough!

I did capture this game! They had to throw and catch water balloons using towels.


There were plenty of towels!

These chairs are missing something! Oh well!

 The favorite part turned out to be the slip and slide! Emmitt's buddy said, "This was my favorite water day EVER!" I asked if he had ever had a water day before. He said, "Nope!" Later he revealed that he had played with water guns with cousins!

Slip and slide Emmitt!




Slip and slide Charis.




Slip and slide Lexi.



Slip and slide Jesstine!

Oh, THAT is what those chairs were for! Yummy! Starkiss popsicles!

I asked if they all had fun and this was the response!

Later, I had a guitar lesson to teach. Stephen recently found out by showing his badge from work, our whole family can get into Botanica for FREE all through June and July! Plus, we only have to pay $3 per guest if there is more than four of us! So, he took the kids there while I taught my lesson. I was a little worried when the sky looked like this and they were not home yet! They made it home safe and sound! Most of the worst of this system was north of us.


Day 6 will be a lot like day 4. I think Emmitt's buddy from school will get to join us!

In Him,
The Hutchins (and Evans) Family

No comments:

Post a Comment