Thursday, August 23, 2012

Another Milestone

I forgot to post last week that Emmitt not only can go from sitting to crawling, but to the other way around! I was so excited by this! I was even more excited two weeks prior to that when he went from sitting to crawling because I knew he often got stuck in a seated position and sat for a LONG time! When I say crawling, keep in mind, it is MOSTLY still the belly crawl. He gets on his hands and knees a LOT, but only moves forward a few motions before going to his tummy and crawling the old fashioned way.

Today, I was having a discussion with Grandmom. She wanted something for him to be able to practice pulling up within the confines of his "container" (ie. safety gate play pen). He doesn't have much of an opportunity at her house to safely pull up on things. Plus because cribs are made differently, it is harder to pull up on crib rails...although Jesstine seemed to do okay (note: Jesstine didn't start pulling up on things until 11 months and had been crawling for quite some time before that). I got home and let him loose. He crawled around for a little while here and there. Then he discovered the window ledge. I looked up to find him like this:


Afraid of what this holy terror would do to my blinds, but wanting him to pull up as much as he wanted, I raised the blinds and sat back down. Looked up a few minutes later to find this scene:



After quickly calling Grandmom to inform her we had nothing to worry about and that he had just pulled himself up to standing, I remembered the Incrediblock (to those in our family it is affectionately called the "Block Party).


And he took to it like a duck to water! Way to go little Joy Boy Jr.!

So what has the big 4 year-old been up to besides wrapping "presents" for Dumpty with facial tissues when she is supposed to be in bed napping????

As a result of some naptime issues (the above mentioned is the second of two incidents) all of Jesstine's traditional toys (because I never thought facial tissues to be toys) were placed in her "locked" closet and all of her books were removed and placed in a book case in the front room. I open her closet for her during the day so she can play with her toys. I went to help her clean up her room for bed and this is what I found:

What used to be a dress up pirate hook:

Looked like this:

Gotta admit....creative...and HILARIOUS!! Hubby and I had a great laugh!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family


No comments:

Post a Comment