Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Version 2.0 Strikes Again

Do you remember back last month to this:
As my mother-in-love says, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

This boy is bound to be like his daddy! He already has his eye on the computer. Case in point, tonight while Stephen and Jesstine were at church, Emmitt and I were chilling a little before bath and bedtime (which is earlier than church lets out so we always skip out on church). He was getting a little mischevious, so I thought it was high time for me to interact with him. I don't allow him access to the computer very often (especially after he slobber logged my iPod touch a few months ago). Tonight he didn't have Jesstine to compete with, so I pulled THIS up on the computer. I just give him free reign with the keyboard until he hits something that takes him out of the window and he has a blast (each key he hits causes an animal and/or letter to pop up accompanied by a "boing" sound)! Well, he started to get a little wild and decided he was going to attempt to shut the computer. After telling him no and he still did it three times, I decided it was time to end the game. Good thing I did too as I noticed he had somehow removed the ALT key in his fun flailing. Here is a couple of pictures of Version 2.0 in action and a video of the aftermath of being kicked off the computer.

 
 
*Disclaimer: I am in no way suggesting that Stephen throws fits, but I doubt that it was always easy for his mom to pull him away from video games or computer games at some point!

 Also two more things before I sign off for this post. 1) Is the latest addition to our attempt at baby proofing. It has been a LIFE saver! Emmitt is getting VERY good at pulling himself up on just about anything now...including his new gate.

(So proud of himself!)

Second is that yesterday as we were on our way back home from Jesstine's epic haircut, we saw an unusual sight. Jesstine and I both thought it was cool! See for yourself (Ignore the power lines! We are used to seeing those!)
So I guess the moral of this post is, don't take the computer from a baby unless you are prepared for the aftermath!

Jesstine had her "Meet Your Teacher" night at school tonight. She IMMEDIATELY made a friend! I think she is off to a great year already. Unfortunately, I left the camera in the diaper bag in the car! At least I remembered to grab it!

Until next time, up up and away!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

1 comment:

  1. I saw those hot air balloons yesterday, too! I was driving and by the time I got to a point where I could stop, I couldn't see them anymore to take a picture. It was very cool, though!

    ReplyDelete