Monday, August 6, 2012

Birthday Bash and Bye Bye Baby Food

I don't have many photos from the birthday bash, but it was very fun! We all had a good time and I think our guests did as well!

Opening gifts.


 Sleeping with gifts:
 Birthday shirt that unfortunately is in the trash after one wash. I had to paint the face and it turned out to be mistake. The paint did NOT survive the wash! May have to redo it by hand!
 Stephen actually got this on our trip to KC in early.

And of course his gift from his brother and family:


No post would be complete without the little guy:

He found this hippo in his bed and was clutching it as I got him out of bed this morning. I took him in to show Daddy and he told Daddy it was a cat ("dat" in Emmitt's language). So far he says "Dada," "Dat," (cat), and he says "hiya" (hi) and waves to himself in the mirror each night before bath.
 A while back, I was making a big girl room for Jesstine. I found a place online that made wall hangings and things that matched the bedding I found for Jesstine at a garage sale. You can browse their really cute designs HERE. I "liked" them on Facebook. Every once in a while, there are free giveaways. The winner is randomly chosen. Ironically, this contest was to end ON Babe B.'s birthday. It was actually extended a few days....and I WON!!! Here is what I won:
 Left to right: Closet dividers, Birthmat (has his weight, full name, length, time and birthdate), Letter print, and Growth chart. I think the growth chart alone runs $44!!!!

In other news, I think it is about time that we will be giving up baby food (at least short of eating out). Even without teeth, Emmitt prefers to use his hands and feed himself! Tonight he had some cantaloupe, watermelon, grapes, dinosaur chicken and Gerber puffs.

Hopefully we will be making a teeth report soon. Goodness knows we are READY!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment