Tuesday, August 28, 2012

More Firsts

Well, it has been a week chalk full of firsts! Today was one for Jesstine, but Emmitt accomplished another as well. His are more troublesome now though! I know they are all developmentally necessary, but he has become a PAIN to keep entertained without getting into trouble! Needless to say, I have purchased a second baby gate and will be purchasing a cover of sorts for his bed rail as well as lowering his bed...again! Tonight he got stuck standing up in his bed and threw both pacis out of the bed...instead of falling asleep! He is also cruising along the fireplace hearth which makes it imposible to keep toys up there any longer!

So on to the more important first for today. Jesstine hasn't really had a haircut....EVER! I have had the ends trimmed a few times (three at most). With school getting ready to start and her hair getting SO long it was hard to just let it hang and not put it up without repercussions (tangles are the bane of her existence at night). So I decided it was time to get a REAL haircut. Since it was on a whim, I couldn't make an appointment with my hair dresser at her house like normal. I just walked into the salon where she works and she still took care of us! It was FANTASTIC! So here is the before and after.

Her hair actually shrunk down to be shorter than shoulder length after it dried because she has a little bit of a curl to her hair. She was very happy with it (I think in part because she got a sucker and also because she thought it was more like Mommy's hair, she said so herself). Daddy was even pleased and I was most worried about his reaction because it was a bit shorter than I think he had hoped it would be.

In Him,
The Hutchins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment