Thursday, June 28, 2012

Moon Sand, Organization and Cousin Camp Part 2

WARNING!!! This is going to be a picture heavy post!

You may remember me posting a picture a post or two ago with a bag of flour and bottle of baby oil. I never got around to posting what the results of it were. Partially because it wasn't as big of a hit as I had hoped and partially because we got so busy with the latter part of this post, Cousin Camp! Here is the result of flour and baby oil:

Moonsand (Kinda like moon dough in the stores only....not. Got the idea HERE!)
It was a hit for Jesstine (for the little bit of time she spent with it), but she quickly started to shovel it out of the tub and made a mess. It got put away and came back out a day later only to be put away again because I didn't want a mess while we had Cousin Camp. This is a messy tub. It isn't the easiest to clean up, but Jesstine enjoyed it!

I also did this. What is it? Two different colors of paint in a plastic bag. She mixed them up to find what color they were and then she drew letters in the paint (with the bag closed of course). I found the idea HERE, but can't find the exact post....

The idea from the next thing came out of my frustration of teaching a 3 3/4 year-old to put toys away so I don't have to and seeing it at playgroup. Do you ever go to someone else's house and you don't know where to find a glass to get a glass of water? Imagine being a kid and going to someone else's house and being asked to put toys back where they go! So, I came up with this:

 I basically placed pictures of the item where it goes...


 Some included pictures of what items go in a larger item.
Some had a description since there were too many items to take a picture of or name. I completed it JUST in time for the cousins to come. I am thankful I did, because it made cleaning up SO much easier each night! We got into a routine where we would clean up the toys before showers and bed!

Now rolling into Cousin Camp:
 This car was temporarily moved upstairs in an attempt to re secure the key that had been broken off. Emmitt found it to be rather amusing!
 Grandma Griffee took the big kids shopping for their birthdays and picked up a few items for the little girls as well! They each got a water bottle with their initial on it. Lexi chose a Repunzal doll and pom poms. Charis got a new pair of knock off Toms and a furry talking friend. Jesstine got a pair of shoes and a furry talking friend as well!

 Emmitt was pretty happy most of the time. These two really hit it off and Emmitt probably kept Conrad from being OVERLY bored!

 Conrad got a haul of matchbox cars from Grandma Griffee!

 Of course Lexi had to get pictures holding Emmitt too!


This concludes our final portion of Cousin Camp...They left this morning. The littles are in bed so I think I may take this opportunity to get some shut eye as well!

In Him,
The Hutchins Family



No comments:

Post a Comment